Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Presentations

During the past week, the class has been exposed to a variety of topics through the PowerPoint presentations. I've enjoyed listening to everyone speak about their topics, and I felt that they were all very interesting. However, there were three presentations that stood out in my opinion and were very enjoyable. I personally feel that Malesha's presentation about drive-through etiquette, Kelly's about tips for surviving in a large family, and Holmes' about why one should own an aquarium were the most enjoyable.

The three presentations mentioned above stood out the most for me because they all had one thing in common. Not only were each the topics interesting and unique, but most of all, they contained a sense of humor. The speakers were very effective in that they grabbed the attention of their audience, and they immediately took control of the topic at hand. In particular, Malesha was very passionate about how one should behave when entering a drive through, and she incorporated some of her personal experiences to make it more interesting. Kelly's presentation was great also in that her tips were very useful but humorous as well. I think that she allowed everyone in the class to see how things work in a large family, and she did so in an effective manner. Lastly, Holmes' speech about why one should own an aquarium was very funny as well. He incorporated points into his presentation that made it one of the best for me.

Overall, I feel that these presentations were the best because regardless of the topics, the speakers attacked them in manners which caused the audience to stay engaged. Not only was I engrossed throughout each one, but I also learned about the speakers and their interests. I really enjoyed all of the presentations, but these were the most memorable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment