Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ten Years From Now...

At this present moment, ten years seems like an extremely long time away. However, I can think of a few short-term as well as long-term goals which I plan to accomplish during those upcoming years. First of all, I want to gain as much positive life experiences while I am in college, so that I can be prepared to one day become a productive citizen. I plan to complete an internship and hopefully work in a hospital for awhile, so that I can gain more experience in the field that I plan to pursue a career. Furthermore, I intend to graduate from Clemson in a couple of years or sooner with honors and then attend MUSC after performing well on the MCAT. Although I aspire to attend MUSC, I am still open to other opportunities as well as I realize it's not the only option. I intend to graduate from medical school and afterwards specialize to become an OB/GYN.

Once I gain my degree and become an Obstetrician, I will be more than willing and happy to utilize my talents to help others wherever and whenever I can. Whether I work in a hospital or one day gain my own practice, I will just be excited to aid others in my profession. Eventually, when I have gained a successful and satisfying career, I hope to get married and settle down to have a family. I don't know where I want to live permanently, but I just know that I don't want to be too far away from home since my family is close knit. Wherever I decide to live, I hope to buy a house and continue my career in that area. I aspire to be a great wife to my husband and a phenomenal mother to my children (I don't know how many, we'll just see what's in store).

Overall, I really can envision myself building a great life in the next ten years. Although it seems that I have it all planned out at this point, I still realize that it's not in stone. I am just going to be patient and work hard each day to make my dreams a reality. I ultimately hope to become a diligent woman with a great profession and a passion for helping others. I am open to the sketch that God has for my life, and ultimately I want to serve him through my works. With a plan like that one, I don't see any way that I could go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment