Friday, January 30, 2009

Free Topic

It is extremely difficult for me to write without any direction, but I realize that it is something I need to work on. At first, the idea of having no particular topic sounded like a great opportunity for me to talk about something intriguing. But of course, once I sat down to my computer to begin to write, nothing came to mind. However, I guess I'll just talk about a lesson that I learned lately.

My boyfriend Bryant and I recently participated in a couples competition against 5 other couples. Various questions were asked to each of the guys and girls in the couples to see how well he/she knew his/her mate. To be honest, I was a little nervous going into the competition because although I felt that Bryant and I knew each other well, I realized that most of the other couples had been in relationships longer. However, I was still confident in the knowledge and experience that we'd gained from knowing one another for over one year. In the end of the competition, Bryant and I came in second place after coming in a tie with the last couple twice. Although we did not win, I was extremely proud of the way that we performed. I had lots of fun, and I think that the competition only strengthened the faith that we have in one another.

The purpose of my story is to emphasize the importance of communication in relationships. This does not only relate to couples, but it applies to any type of relationship. Bryant and I could answer the questions pertaining to one another simply because we express so much and always try to keep the lines of communication open whenever we are together. Communication is key, and it is the driving force behind any friendship or relationship.

1 comment: